Consultations for the appearance of wrinkles
Dr Caswell offers consultations for the appearance of wrinkles, it is one of the most popular treatments sought out by patients. It is quick, medically proven and effective, delivering visible results for the patients. Being a medication, TGA regulations do not allow the naming of medicines, however we can inform you that four (2024) preparations are available in Australia.
These medications fall into a TGA class where:
- A doctor must review the patient, taking a full medical history and examination of the regions to be treated;
- A doctor must prescribe treatment for the individual patient;
- Ideally the treatment should be conducted in a medical room or environment.
Dr Caswell personally attends to all of her patients.
Dr Caswell insists on a consultation with every new patient considering treatment, during the consultation it is important that a full medical history is taken, photographs are taken and the patient discusses their needs. During consultation with Dr Caswell will advise the dose of treatment required.
Treatment can be administered on the first visit, but Dr Caswell provides a cooling off period before treatment. It is injected via pediatric [very small] needles into the muscles/regions that the individual would like to relax. The full effect of the treatment can take up to two weeks. The patient should see a gradual softening of their concerns over the two week period following treatment. If used correctly the patient experiences good results, and depending on their individual characteristics, this medication can last between 3-7 months.
- Not enough medication – will not give you the result you would like (individually determined depending on the problem the patient is attempting to correct, their age, skin laxity and expression used);
- Bruising may occur, but resolves in time, cover can be used;
- Injection discomfort;
- If you discontinue use you will revert to your previous wrinkle load. Treatment does not increase the amount of wrinkles that you have, you will just be unaccustomed to what your wrinkles look like.
It is suggested, that the first 12 months of your program you repeat your treatment as Dr Caswell advises. Dr Caswell feels there are three stages of anti-wrinkle treatment:
- Initial (generally this give the wow result);
- Remediation (the first twelve months where concerns can be softened remarkably);
- Maintenance (the schedule of treatments that you keep to maintain the overall effect, generally repeat treatments extend to 4-5 months if the program is adhered to).
Dr Caswell holds regular reliable clinics in Armidale and Tamworth (NSW), Gold Coast (QLD), Kirrawee Family Practice and on demand treatment in Moree (NSW).
As Dr Caswell’s clinics are popular and often over-prescribed, we have developed a booking system to ensure that regular and repeat patients gain priority appointments. If you are unable to keep your appointment, staff from Dr Caswell’s office can reschedule you to a more convenient time.
- Initial appointment: allow one hour;
- Rebooking: Dr Caswell will advise you of a treatment schedule, you will automatically be booked in for your next appointment;
- Keeping your appointment: Staff from Dr Caswell’s office will phone you at least one week prior to your appointment to confirm the time and day is convenient for you, if you need to change your appointment they will be able to assist you.
An appointment with Dr Caswell can be made by phoning or SMS to:
0484 243 283 your preferred day, time and location.